Carrot Cake – Moist and Delicious
This is such a delicious recipe,
the cake is moist and the flavours are superb.
375g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
3 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp allspice
2 tsp salt
345g castor sugar
375ml vegetable oil
3 medium carrots, grated
220g tin crushed pineapple, drained
200g pecans, chopped
2 tbsp vegetable oil
110g brown sugar
2 tbsp milk
40g walnuts chopped
250g cream cheese, room temperature, cut into cubes
125g unsalted butter, room temperature, cut into cubes
300g icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1. Preheat the oven to 180C /360F Grease and line with baking paper 2 x 23cm/9inch round cake tin and line with baking paper.
2. Sift all the dry ingredients together into a bowl.
3 In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and oil.
4. Mix the dry ingredients and the egg and oil mix together and then add the carrots, pineapple and pecans.
5. Pour into the cake tins.
6. Bake for 20 minutes.
7. While the cake is baking prepare the glaze. Place all the ingredients in pan over a high heat, stirring continuously. Once the sugar has melted, turn the temperature right down but keep the glaze warm
(toast the walnuts first for the glaze in the oven for 15 minutes and then rub them between a towel to get rid of the bitter skin)
8. Spoon the glaze over both cakes
9. Place the cakes back in the oven and cook for a further 20 minutes (check with a skewer). Take out of the oven and leave to cool.
10. Whisk the ingredients for the frosting together.
11. Using a sharp knife to slide round the edges of the cake and the baking paper, gently lift the cakes out of the tray. Place one cake on top of the other. Spread the frosting over the top of the cake.
Indulge, enjoy, repeat!